#HootTip: How to Add an App in the #HootSuite Dashboard
The HootSuite Dashboard is ever-expanding. We’ve revamped and streamlined our App Directory and have exciting new additions to share with you.
Read on for our latest #HootTip with easy steps on how to install apps from our App Directory.
Adding an App
The HootSuite Dashboard is the ultimate tool for managing multiple social accounts across numerous social networks. Now, thanks to the HootSuite App Directory, even more of your favorite social networks and content management tools have joined the nest.
Interested in apps like Instagram, SlideShare, YouTube, Flickr, or Tumblr, to name just a few? Learn how to add them to your HootSuite Dashboard.
- From the Launch Bar in your HootSuite dash, click the Tools icon, and click “App Directory.”
- This will bring up a menu with currently available apps categorized by “All Apps”, “Featured Apps”, and “Premium Apps
(Note: Premium Apps are available to HootSuite users on Pro and Enterprise Plans). You can also click “Installed Apps” to see what apps you currently have installed to your HootSuite account.
- To install an App, simply click on the “Install” button for the App of your choice.
- A pop-up box will appear indicating that your app is installed, with instructions on adding the app’s stream(s) to your HootSuite dashboard
(Note: some apps have multiple streams available).
- Next, select the stream(s) you would like to add for your newly installed app. You have a choice to either add stream(s) to a new tab, or to an existing tab.
- Now that you’ve installed the app and added associated stream(s), you are all set to begin using your newly installed app, enjoy!
In addition to the Instagram, SlideShare, YouTube, Flickr, and Tumblr apps, we also have apps for HubSpot, Get Satisfaction, Constant Contact, Trendspottr, MailChimp, SocialFlow, Vision Critical Surveys, InboxQ, Digg, Identi.ca, Chime.in, edocr, Zuum, Orkut, and a great RSS Reader app.
Like many updates, we’ve added these handy features based on your helpful feedback. What’s your next idea? Also, keep an eye out for a new #HootTip each week – they’re short, sweet and retweetable so you can share your HootSuite expertise with your friends and followers. Some lucky RTers may just find themselves with a #HootKit… It’s our way of saying “thanks for spreading the word.”