#HootTip: How to Schedule, View and Edit a Pending Post
With all the busy Owls out there, one needs make sure they’re making the best use of their time. Scheduling posts in HootSuite is an easy way to maximize both your presence and outreach in your social sphere. To help get you acquainted with the dashboard’s functionality, or just give you a refresher, we have a new #HootTip all about a handy HootSuite feature.
Using social media to share and express your thoughts is as rewarding as it is entertaining. Whether you’re a startup, mid-size business, or a huge corporation, there may be times when you can’t be on your mobile or computer to be active in your social sphere. To stay on top of your game and multi-task your online and offline activities, schedule your messages and let HootSuite do the work for you. Scheduling messages you want to send out to your followers is also a great way to keep your information updated and timely. This way, you can send out a post for a time when you’re not plugged in to the world wide web.
- Type the message you wish to send in the Compose box, then click the calendar icon.
- A calendar will pop down and you can set the date and time you want to send your message.
- Next, choose the social network you would like to send the message from.
- Then click the Send Now button to schedule your post.
Viewing and Editing Your Schedule Posts
What happens if you schedule your post and you’ve realized you’ve made a mistake? Or perhaps you want to review some of the messages you’ve scheduled. Well, there’s a HootSuite feature for that.
- Click the Publishers icon, then select the Scheduled button.
- From here, you can edit any message that you’ve scheduled simply by hovering over the message and clicking the edit icon.
- This will open up an Edit Scheduled Message window where you can make and save your changes.
Like many updates, we’ve added these handy features based on your helpful feedback. What’s your next idea? Also keep an eye out for a new #HootTip each week – they’re short, sweet and re-Tweetable so you can share your HootSuite expertise with your friends and followers. Some lucky RTers may just find themselves with a #HootKit… It’s our way of saying “thanks for spreading the word.”