#HootTip: Translating on the Fly with #HootSuite for #iPhone
The HootSuite dashboard is packed full of features and tools to help you enjoy social media management… and we’re always adding more.
To keep you up to date – or just refresh your memory – we have a new #HootTip about another handy HootSuite feature.
To celebrate our one year Japan anniversary – we’ve put together an international flavored HootTip for translating on the go because international Owls speak many different languages.
Translations on the iPhone
Ever need to translate Tweets from your iPhone? Stay in the conversation by translating to-and-from 50+ languages in a few easy steps with these two built-in features on HootSuite for iPhone:
- “Translate to…” (another language)
- “Translate to English”
“Translate to…” (another language)
- First, open the Tweet you want translated and click on the top right “Additional Features” button.
- Then click on the “Translate to…” option.
- After that, scroll through to find your desired language.
- Finally, click it and presto – it’s translated.
“Translate to English”
- Similar to translating to another language, open the Tweet you want translated to English and click on the top right “Additional Features” button.
- Next, click the “Translate to English” button.
- Just like that – you’re done!
Remember, the HootSuite for iPhone interface is localized in six languages (Japanese, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Arabic, and Korean) with more to come.
HootSuite for iPhone not yet available in your language? Check out how you can speed up the localization progress with the HootSuite Translation Project.
Stay tuned for more #HootTips – they’re short, sweet and re-Tweetable so you can share your HootSuite expertise with your friends and followers. Some lucky RTers may just find themselves with a #HootKit… It’s our way of saying “Thanks for spreading the word.”