Flipboard, a single place to discover, collect and share the news you care about, is a leading business to consumer content marketing tool. The app presents online content—articles, videos, music and sound bites—as beautifully designed magazines, all optimized for mobile devices. Using Flipboard, anyone with a digital ear to the ground and a flare for curation can drum up a loyal readership. As a result, Flipboard is also one of the most popular referral sources, driving more traffic for publishers than any other curation app.
Today, we’re adding an exciting new way for you to add social media content directly from the Hootsuite dashboard to your Flipboard magazines. With the Flipboard integration in the Hootsuite App Directory, you can:
- Create public or private Flipboard magazines from within the Hootsuite dashboard
- Send Twitter and Facebook posts in Hootsuite to Flipboard magazines
- Easily search for and select which magazine to flip content into
“We’re focused on streamlining workflows for the next generation of digital-native professionals.”, says Hootsuite VP of Business Development, Greg Gunn. “Having Flipboard as part of the Hootsuite ecosystem is going to delight a lot of publishers, bloggers, brands, and business’ small and large that share their stories through beautifully designed magazine experiences.”
“This integration is especially great for social media professionals and content marketers who spend a lot of their time in Hootsuite. Now, they can easily add social content to any magazine they create on Flipboard. Many of these power users have been curating amazing magazines,” said Marci McCue, Head of Content and Communication at Flipboard.
Curating and sharing Flipboard magazines can provide enormous value to brands and readers in several ways:
- Brands can flip their products or services into a magazine to create a catalogue
- Travel agencies can flip photos and travel tips into destination brochures
- Bloggers can flip their thought leadership pieces into a valuable resource for their audience
- Readers can save content to read later or share with their friends
- Readers can use Flipboard magazines to focus on a passion or interest, such as sports, fashion, cooking—and many more.
Try out the Flipboard for Hootsuite integration now and let us know what kind of magazine you’d like to publish in the comments below!