Thanks to your excellent feedback, the team at HootSuite’s been busy. We’ve added features and improvements to your favourite one-stop twitter tool.
- Tweet monetization thanks to Google AdSense integration with Ow.ly. If you have a Google AdSense account, you can add your own ads to any ow.ly-shortened links you send out.
- Ability to tweet RSS feeds. Each RSS tweet gets its own ow.ly URL, so you can track clickthroughs on every new blog post.
- Our very own bookmarklet, Hootlet! Allows you to instantly tweet the URL of any page you’re on without visiting HootSuite.com.
- Sync your avatar with Twitter.com. Users can instantly update their Twitter profile image at HootSuite if it’s changed at Twitter, without re-uploading the image.
- Increased DM characters to 280, to reflect the latest Twitter change
- Re-organized the Settings page, so it’s now grouped by tab
- Added ‘Confirm Email’ field in sign-up (to eliminate email typos)
- Added an “auto initials” function when creating new tweets -BK
- Added an in-line login box popup for session timeouts
- Implemented better Ajax error handling
- And a bunch of other small bug fixes….