Earlier in July, Dan Levy, Vice President of Ads & Business products at Facebook released a statement sharing where Facebook plans to go moving forward with personalization.
These were the highlights:
- Small business badges on ads to encourage purchases
- New privacy-enhancing technologies making it possible to minimize the amount of personal information Facebook processes while still showing relevant ads
- Product and business discovery features, including an in-testing newsfeed experience that allows users to tap to explore content from businesses in topics like beauty, fitness, or clothing
- A modern eCommerce system to help meet the demand for on-platform product discovery and shopping (which we can see with some of the AR tools in the next section)
- New Business Suite tools to help businesses improve, optimize, and potentially even automate their marketing, including expanding their Messenger functionality