The long-awaited desktop feature closely resembles the mobile publishing flow, and only 7 simple steps are involved.
As of October 21st, all Instagram users can create and publish feed posts from the browser version of the app.
The long-awaited desktop feature closely resembles the mobile publishing flow, and only 7 simple steps are involved:
- Go to instagram.com and sign in to your account.
- Click the plus symbol in the top right corner of the screen (it’s the same button you would use to create a post in the mobile app). A Create new post window will pop up.
- Drag photo or video files into the popup window, or click Select from computer to browse and pick files from your PC or Mac. If you want to create a carousel post, you can select up to 10 files.
- Click the frame icon in the bottom left corner of the popup to change the ratio of your image or video. You can also use the zoom feature (looking glass icon in the bottom left) and drag your file to edit your frame. When you’re done, click Next in the top right corner.
- Edit your image. You can select one of 12 preset effects in the Filters tab or go to the Adjustments tab and manually adjust specs such as brightness, contrast and fade. Click Next.
- Write your caption. Click on the smiley face icon to browse and pick emojis. You can also type in a location in the Add location bar, restrict commenting in Advanced settings and add alt text to your files in the Accessibility section.
- Click Share.
We’re excited to finally launch this feature. 😊✨
You can now post photos and videos (under one minute) in a 💻desktop💻 browser directly to Instagram. pic.twitter.com/5cNR7DumAf
— Instagram (@instagram) October 21, 2021