HootSuite Achieves Record Growth in Q2, Launches Several New Features
The second quarter of 2013 was a busy one for the HootSuite team, and one that has ended in record growth for the company. In addition to launching several new integrations and products, we added several new enterprise customers in Q2, including: National Hockey League (NHL), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. (SBS) and Amer Sports, whose leading brands include Salomon, Wilson, Arc’teryx, Mavic and Precor.
Highlights for the quarter include:
- Revenue growth of 300% over the same quarter last year
- Surpassing seven million users
- Launching 14 additional applications in our App Directory, including HootSuite Syndicator and SurveyMonkey, bringing the total number of apps to 56
- Introducing HootSuite Security Services to mitigate risk associated with social media use
- Welcoming 164 additional Solution Partners, with over 1500 to date
- Surpassing over 5000 HootSuite Certified Professionals certified through HootSuite University
- Exceeding 5 million followers on @HootSuite, our main Twitter handle
Q2 2013 Adoption and Growth
HootSuite experienced significant growth across all Free, Pro, and Enterprise plans.
Last quarter, HootSuite Pro sign-ups spanned 156 countries. HootSuite Enterprise saw its largest quarter to date, signing on its greatest number of new companies, and building on its global success with 66% of these new accounts headquartered outside of North America. This quarter also welcomed new enterprise customers in China, specifically leveraging the recent Chinese language translations and App Directory integrations with Sina Weibo, Tencent Weibo, and Renren Inc.
Product Innovation and Platform Updates
With a focus on empowering social businesses, HootSuite launched Security Services in May to mitigate the risk associated with social media use, both internal and external, after numerous crises including account hackings and high-profile mis-tweets took place. HootSuite also announced a new partnership with Attensity in June, combining HootSuite’s social platform with Attensity’s automation capabilities for a best-in-class social customer service solution.
In Q2, HootSuite launched 14 additional platform integration apps through its App Directory, including Tencent Weibo (China), VK.com (Russia) and others. The HootSuite dashboard, including all of its 56 apps, also became fully SSL secure/compliant. HootSuite also launched two social media command centers, fully customizable, enterprise-class data visualization tools that combine social engagement with real-time social analytics and powerful collaboration in a central hub, for WWE @WrestleMania 29 and the 2013 Australian Federal Election.
With the launch of language support for Russian and Thai for the dashboard this quarter, HootSuite now boasts fifteen fully translated dashboard languages in total.
“Companies are getting more sophisticated in the ways they’re using social media across the organizations — whether they’re engaging with their customers through their marketing, sales, or support and service departments,” says Ryan Holmes CEO of HootSuite. “By equipping them with a single, secure, and scalable solution to organize their social processes, we’re empowering them to connect, inform and succeed like never before.”
- Media Kit: http://media.hootsuite.com/media-kit
- HootSuite Enterprise: http://enterprise.hootsuite.com
- HootSuite App Directory: http://hootsuite.com/app-directory
- HootSuite University: http://learn.hootsuite.com
- Come see us at these upcoming events: iStrategy London, Dublin Web Summit and Grow Conference