More and more people look to social media first for news, updates, and customer service help. And your customers are no different. In fact, 42% of users on Twitter expect a response to their customer service issue in under an hour. But after typing out your sixth identical response to a frequently asked question, do you find yourself wishing there was a better way? With Hootsuite, there is. The Draft Message feature in Hootsuite allows you to not only create draft messages, but save those messages for multiple uses.
Opening a new location? Retain a draft message with the new information to share whenever someone @mentions you for the address. Launching a new product but waiting on images? Draft your posts and add the pictures later. With Hootsuite’s Draft Message feature, you can save time while ensuring consistent messaging. Here’s how.
- In the Hootsuite dashboard, first select which social profiles you want to send your drafted message from. Now, enter the message you wish to draft into the Compose box.
- Next to the Send Now button in the bottom right of your compose box, you’ll see a disk icon. Click this icon to display a drop-down menu.
- Within the drop-down menu, save your message by clicking Save as draft.
View and Edit Drafts
- To view your drafts, select Publisher and select Drafts.
- Select the social profile you have saved your draft to from the drop-down menu.
- To edit your draft, hover your mouse over the draft and click Edit. Click Save to resave the message in drafts.
Send and Retain Drafts
- Again, from the Publisher tab under Drafts, select the social profile you have saved your draft to from the drop down menu.
- Hover your mouse over the draft, and then click Edit. Edit the message if you wish, or simply click Send Now.
- To retain your draft to use multiple times, check retain copy of draft message before you click Send Now.
Note: Sending or scheduling a draft will remove it from Drafts unless the Retain copy of draft message box is checked.
Start creating you own draft messages.