New release (beta v3.0) RSS feeds, AdSense integration, Hootlet plus more
Thanks to your excellent feedback, the team at HootSuite’s been busy. We’ve added features and improvements to your favourite one-stop twitter tool.
- Tweet monetization thanks to Google AdSense integration with Ow.ly. If you have a Google AdSense account, you can add your own ads to any ow.ly-shortened links you send out.
- Ability to tweet RSS feeds. Each RSS tweet gets its own ow.ly URL, so you can track clickthroughs on every new blog post.
- Our very own bookmarklet, Hootlet! Allows you to instantly tweet the URL of any page you’re on without visiting HootSuite.com.
- Sync your avatar with Twitter.com. Users can instantly update their Twitter profile image at HootSuite if it’s changed at Twitter, without re-uploading the image.
- Increased DM characters to 280, to reflect the latest Twitter change
- Re-organized the Settings page, so it’s now grouped by tab
- Added ‘Confirm Email’ field in sign-up (to eliminate email typos)
- Added an “auto initials” function when creating new tweets -BK
- Added an in-line login box popup for session timeouts
- Implemented better Ajax error handling
- And a bunch of other small bug fixes….