One of Las Vegas’ most cutting-edge hotel casinos, the Palms Hotel wanted to track the end-to-end ROI of social media. In collaboration with HootSuite, Josh Ochs from the MediaLeaders social media strike team set out to showcase just how easy and profitable social selling can be for the Palms Hotel’s bottom line.
Using HootSuite and a web analytics service, Google Analytics in this example, the Palms Hotel launched a successful month-long campaign to track revenue from room bookings back to individual social messages.
In doing so, the Palms Hotel and MediaLeaders:
- Earned $903 in revenue from one organic Facebook post
- Exceeded their campaign revenue goals by 67%, earning a total of $5,029.19
- Exceeded their room rate reservation goal by 47%, with a total of 22 transactions
- Gained 2600 more Twitter followers over the month-long campaign
- Increased follower engagement across all social channels
Here’s how they did it: