Here’s a collection of free Instagram Story templates to take your content to the next level (and save time doing it!). Created by the team at Adobe Spark, a free graphic design app, these templates are easy to customize to fit your brand’s unique look.
In this post we’ll also show you how to create your own templates for Instagram Stories. But before we get to those instructions and the templates, you’ll need to know:
How to use the Instagram Story templates
- Create a free Adobe Spark account and login.
- Click Use this template under any of the templates below.
- The link will take you to Adobe Spark to edit the template.
- Change the background image, fonts, colors, etc. To remove the Adobe Spark logo, simply select it and click Remove.
- Download the template and upload it to your Instagram Story.
Bonus: Download a free checklist that reveals the exact steps an adventure photographer used to grow from 0 to 110,000 followers on Instagram with no budget and no expensive gear.Get the free checklist right now!
12 free and customizable Instagram Story templates
News, announcements, and events
Designs for product launches, event promotions, and industry news. The “swipe up to see” call-to-action on the first graphic is especially helpful if you have a landing page or article to append to your Story.
1. New flavors
2. Paper folding workshop
We share a ton of content on Instagram Stories here at Hootsuite. And one of the most popular content types with our audience is the always-dependable listicle.
3. Women who are breaking barriers
4. Hap-pea recipes
5. Ways to add cranberries
Special offers and promotions
Like the first set of templates on this list, these designs are also great for promoting events.
6. National picnic day sale
7. Summertime sale
Quotes and inspiration
“There are few types of content that are more shareable and promote as much engagement as a smart and relevant quote.”
-The Hootsuite team
8. The destination
9. Make life your runway
10. Light to shine
Blog post promotion
Pro tip: add a “swipe to read the article” call-to-action and frame it with a shape to draw attention to it.
12. From inspiration to pattern
How to create your own template for Instagram Stories
If you’re inspired by designs above but want to start from scratch, follow these 10 simple steps to create your own.
- Get your free Adobe Spark account and login.
- From the main Adobe Spark page, click the blue + icon at the top of your screen.
- Then click the green + icon to create a new post.
- Click start from scratch.
- Under “Select a size” click SOCIAL POST.
- Select the Instagram Story option and then click Next.
- Choose from one of the stock photo options on the right or upload your own image. Then click Next.
- Now you can customize the design. Upload your logo, edit the image, change or add text, fonts, colors, and layout. You can even resize the design for other social networks.
- Once you’re happy with your creation click Download.
- Send the file to your phone and add it to your Instagram Story!
Here’s a design we created in just a few minutes using Adobe Spark.
If you have well-defined brand guidelines—with preferred fonts, colors, logos, and images—then making your own templates is quick and easy.
And that’s it. You’re armed with professional templates to impress the 300 million people who use Instagram Stories every day. Now check out our complete guide to using Instagram Stories for expert tips and content ideas to further refine your strategy.