The Vancouver Canucks won the Presidents’ Trophy in back-to-back seasons as the team with the league’s best regular season record in the 2010–11 and 2011–2012 seasons—a unique accolade worth celebrating. The Canucks wanted to enhance and promote this experience, build a community around the team and its four-million-plus fans, and personalize the players and management on social media.
Since turning to Hootsuite Enterprise, they established official social channels that now attract more than a million followers to whom the team drives engagement, sponsorship opportunities, promotions, special events, and ticket sales.
Using Hootsuite the Vancouver Canucks were able to:
- Create a seamless customer experience by launching official social channels and deleting rogue accounts
- Strategically grow their Twitter fan base by 800%
- Grow their Facebook fanbase by 600%
- Increase social media engagement by 150%
- Track ticket sales and revenue growth back to individual social messages
Download this case study to learn how sports organizations can use social media to enhance the experience and drive ticket sales.
“We’re starting to build concrete connections between our social activity and ticket sales. Using Hootsuite, we’re able to track the performance of our content and see how specific Tweets impact our bottom line. Finding that sweet spot between what engages our audience and what sells is vital for our growth.“—Kevin Kinghorn, Director, Website and New Media, Canucks Sports & Entertainment