In today’s fast-paced digital environment, having the right social media metrics at our fingertips can greatly impact how quickly business can adapt to new trends, make decisions, and enhance the customer experience.
As social media practitioners, how do we identify the most appropriate metrics to capture for our organizations? There are some general analytics to monitor on an ongoing basis as well as specific measurements that differ between organizations.
Quick Analytics Strategy Factor Checklist
- Map the measurement strategy to the overall organization goals
- Identify what the purpose of social media efforts will be against those overall goals
- Confirm what type of monitoring and measurement platform is needed to capture metrics
- Establish a solid workflow strategy to ensure metrics are captured correctly, efficiently, and across the organization as needed
- Train employees on measurement tools and types of metrics to gather for different types of initiatives
- Share results regularly with management and team members and assess any needed changes to the strategy on an ongoing basis
This is just a sampling of tips to use when creating a social media analytics strategy for your organization. To get deeper analytics best practices and insights, participate in our upcoming interactive #HSEntChat.
When: Wednesday, July 2nd from 9-10am PT
Where: over Twitter using hashtag #HSEntChat
Who: seasoned guests Mark Pascarella, General Manager of Analytics at HootSuite (@pascarella) and Gina Michnowicz, CEO and Co-Founder of Union+Webster (@ginamichnowicz); Both of these executives are trailblazers in social media and particularly around ways to leverage analytics for the enterprise.
- Impact of social analytics
- Analytics best practices
- Ways to up-level measurement practices
- Key takeaways to share back with colleagues
For those joining in the July chat, we are conducting a special random prize drawing, giving two lucky participants a $50 Amazon gift card. Here are the guidelines and rules:
- Participants must bring three peers/colleagues with them to the Twitter chat, identifying them by sending @Hootbusiness a tweet including all three handles.
- The three contacts must tweet at least one time during the chat.
- Participants that fulfill the above criteria will be entered into a random drawing for a chance to win one of two $50 (U.S. currency rate) Amazon gift cards.
- Winners will be notified through Twitter within 24 hours of the Twitter chat.
- Winners will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org within four days to redeem prizes.
As we get ready for the July 2nd #HSEntChat, I look forward to hearing your insights on analytics best practices and ways your organization is leveraging social media measurement. And for those interested in more social media analytics training, check out these class offerings throughHootSuite University. We look forward to your participation!