#HootTip: Enabling Auto-Initialing in #HootSuite
The HootSuite dashboard is packed with features and tools designed to simplify your social media management. And we’re always adding more. To help you get acquainted with the various functionality (or just give you a refresher), here’s a #HootTip highlighting a handy way to help manage your social media team.
Initialing Made Easy
With multiple users Tweeting over a single corporate profile, social media teams are facing new challenges. How do you differentiate each voice and how do you provide accountability?
One simple way to address these challenges is by initialing your Tweets to identify which team member is posting to the profile. HootSuite’s built-in Auto-Initialing provides a convenient tool that pre-populates each Tweet with your initials at the end. This simple “auto-magic” step adds value to your audience and your team in a few different ways:
- Personality: Helps individual voices to shine through and injects personality into Tweets
- Accountability: Allows community managers to keep track of who Tweeted which update
- Familiarity: Emphasizes – and differentiates – the human identity behind the Tweets
Initialing Tweets is a great way to build trust with your audience by reminding them of the real people behind your social media efforts and demonstrates that your brand isn’t run by robots. To get started, follow these simple steps:
- Access “Settings” from the dashboard’s side menu and select “Account.”
- Enter the team member’s initials under “Initials.”
- Click the “Enable Auto-Initial” checkbox and click “Save Account Info” and you’re set!
If you entered your initials as AA, your tweets will now end with “^AA”. Be sure to identify the initials in your account’s Profile Bio and/or add a photo with initials as your Twitter background image.
Keep your eyes peeled for a new #HootTip – they’re short, sweet and Re-Tweetable so you can share your HootSuite expertise with your friends and followers.
Some lucky RTers may just find themselves with a #HootKit… It’s our way of saying “thanks for spreading the word.”
The Bot and His Owl Photo Credit: Ittybittiesforyou